In 2015, the UN adopted the 2030 Agenda on Sustainable Development, an opportunity for countries and their societies to embark on a new path to improve the lives of all, leaving no one behind.
The Agenda has 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), ranging from the elimination of poverty to curbing climate change, universal education, women’s equality, environmental protection and the design of our cities, and each goal has specific targets to be achieved in the coming years.
The SDGs are 17 universal principles for the creation of a sustainable environment that promote change in the practices carried out to date and encourage responsibility towards our planet and those who inhabit it. The successful implementation of these goals requires the participation of all sectors of society: governments, civil society, and businesses, which have a key role to play in this purpose.
With this purpose, since 2017, we have been part of the Spanish Global Compact Network, the largest corporate social responsibility initiative in the world that promotes the development, implementation and dissemination of corporate sustainability policies and practices, aligned with the 17 SDGs.
ENVIRONMENTAL, SOCIAL AND GOVERNANCE POLICY
To define IDP’s commitments to contribute positively through our activity to the Sustainable Development goals, we have defined a strategy based on ESG criteria, which refer to environmental, social and corporate governance factors:
- The E of Environmental encompasses the effect that companies’ activities have on the environment, directly or indirectly.
- The S for Social includes the impact that a given company has on its social environment, on the community and on people.
- The G for Governance refers to the company’s corporate governance, for example transparency policies in its public information or its codes of conduct.
IDP’s ESG strategy is aligned with the criteria of our shareholder NAZCA and has been implemented with the support of the specialized consulting firm ATTALEA. Some of the measures adopted are:
- We have an Environmental Policy based on compliance with the UN Sustainable Development Goals
- Our BIM work methodology contributes to the SDGs by generating greater efficiency in project management and use of materials, contributing to SDG nº 11
- We are certified by ISO 14001 for Environmental Management and ISO 50001 for Energy Management
- We are BREEAM® accredited assessors for sustainable construction and members of the USGBC US Green Building Council
- We have implemented energy efficiency measures in all our offices and all our energy consumption comes from renewable energy sources
- We value 100% of the waste we generate in the development of our activity (paper, toner and WEEE)
S – SOCIAL
- We are signatories of the Diversity Charter, formed by companies and organizations in Spain committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- We have an Equality and Labor Inclusion Plan and an Action Protocol against Harassment and/or Violence.
- All personnel have flexibility in working hours, adapting entry and exit to their personal circumstances, and have flexibility in the choice of vacations.
G – GOVERNANCE
- We have an important Professional Liability policy of 5 million euros with AXA Seguros.
- We are certified to ISO 9001 Quality and ISO 45001 Occupational Health and Safety standards.
- We have a strategic policy to protect against cyber-attacks.
IDP works with the will to have a positive impact on the well-being of people and the environment. This decision entails a great responsibility and represents an opportunity to innovate, to carry out new actions to establish the basis of our Corporate Social Responsibility and to apply these strategies in our daily processes, counting on the collaboration and involvement of employees, suppliers, customers and other stakeholders.