IDP has been honored by the World Organization of United Cities and Local Governments Wego (World e-Governments Organization of Cities and Local Governments) chaired by the mayor of Seoul Mr. Won Soon Park, that has as its executive vice-president on the mayor of Barcelona Mr. Xavier Trias plus six non-executive vice-presidents mayors’ such as Paris and Frankfurt in Europe, San Francisco and Sao Paulo in America, Nairobi in Africa and Abu Dhabi in the East, with the first prize in the category of Urban Management as a world leader in the field of smart cities.
The award was presented by Mr. Won Soon Park Mayor of Seoul during the 2nd Wego General Assembly which was held in Barcelona as part of the Smart City Expo World Congress.
Specifically, the project has been chosen as a world city management to transform the current reality in an efficient model through intensive use of information technology and communication (TIC). The project is transverse and is structured in 6 main lines of action:
– Environment (waste management, water cycle, environmental parameters).
– Mobility (active traffic management, public transport and parking. Boosting electric vehicle).
– Energy efficiency (smart grid, smart building, efficient lighting).
– Government and Citizenship (e-government, e-participation, open government and open data).
– Competitiveness (co-working, telecommuting, e-learning, e-commerce).
– Quality of life (telecare, telemedicine, public safety and civil protection).