The Digital Twin is an accurate representation of the physical asset, both at data and geometry levels, which incorporates data of the asset’s real behaviour from sensors’ information and different operation and maintenance databases. Thus, the Digital Twin becomes a tool that can simulate future behaviour and, therefore, allowing a more effective management of these assets.
Our proposal for the creation of the asset’s Digital Twin consists of the following elements:
- We model the asset.
- We link information from existing operation and maintenance tools, such as maintenance CMMS, operation SCADA, and safety PRL.
- We incorporate operation signals directly from the existing in-situ monitoring, or we install new sensors (IOT).
- And all this is integrated into a cloud platform with collaborative web access, as well as an information manager to transform it into value.
- Finally, we achieve a full implementation of the digital twin within 3months.
The benefits we obtain with the construction of the Digital Twin are the following:
- Data interoperability with its geometry (georeferencing all the data)
- Digitisation of all processes, thus achieving integrity of all asset information, from design and construction to operation.
- Provision of real data with which to create dashboards and alerts for decision making, in addition to implementing AI algorithms for simulation and prediction.
- Having asset models in VR and AR, either for dissemination, as well as for training in operation and safety.
- Reduction of operation costs and, therefore, improvement of EBITDA.
Get going, start little by little, create simple Digital Twins that control only key aspects of your infrastructure, include IoT solutions that boost information and build manegement boards that improve your decision making.