The IDP engineering group on its constant innovation line for simulation apps in railroad designs as a part of the company’s consultancy and rail track optimization services. So how IDP can offer to its client’s simulations and some immersive experiences about different railroad themes that are susceptible to analytic, physic and visual audits.
The simulation is an added value to the BIM design methodology based on IDP’s experience and expertise in railroad projects that currently are focused on the following aspects:
- Coordination real-time design of railway line (Top, Front, type Sections)
- parameterization, calculation and design of road equipment.
- Design and modeling of structures (viaducts, retaining walls, tunnels, roadworks)
- Studies rail traction
- Calculation and design of catenary
- Simulation of railway operations
- Simulation of railway dynamics
- Simulation and interaction of static and kinematic gauges
- Process simulation adapted to load railcars
- Environmental simulations
This database optimized design is the platform for simulations and new services within the audit the following areas:
- Supervision of the design. It enables virtual supervision for each phase of design in all safety aspects of implementation and operation and maintenance. Monitoring to verify the feasibility of the project and not just a final situation.
- Experience “driving”. By integrating technology used in video games the customer can operate train movements with actual physical conditions and use the model as a tool to design audit taking into account speed, visibility and comfort.