Salt and potash harbor terminal for the ICL at the Tarragona harbor
Basic project for the implementation of a salt and potash terminal at the Tarragona harbor for the Israeli multinational ICL Group.
- Basic project
Basic project to identify the appropriate location and to define and evaluate the necessary infrastructure, at both civil and mechanic works, of the new ICL implementation at the Tarragona harbor.
- 145.000 Tn storage capacity of the two storages.
- Train download in approximately 2 hours.
- Each train is composed by 20 wagons.
- Compatible load with the Panamax vessel with capacity of 70.000Tn.
- Possibility to download up to 10trailer/hour with a capacity of 25tn each on a simultaneous way to 2 trains with the same material on the most unfavorable condition.
- 13 trailers storage prior to its download.
- Offices with a surface of 325 m2.
Description of the adopted solution:
- Industrial plant:
- Geometry: Double plant with a central body and road access.
- Structural typology: Triangular curve with 42 light meters.
- Curves roof with 26 light meters.
- 5 meters perimeter of material contention.
- Civil works:
- Foundation type: Deep nailed poles until 24m.
- Structural system: Concrete slab of 0.60m built on poles.
- Perimeter walls: Concrete walls up to 5.50m united to the foundation slab.
- Underground concrete galleries unites to the foundation slab.