IDP has been awarded with the consulting services contract for the implementation of an urban services management system based on a CIM (City Information Modelling) model in the entire city of Sant Cugat del Vallés, in order to establish the order between persons, processes and tools in the new and existing strucutres.
The adopted application to the urban services will unify all the existing and future information for each of the urban services areas (street cleaning, lightning, sewerage, public roads, parks, mobility and the communications, phone, electricity, water and gas networks), in one unique database, allowing the following functions:
- Build a 3D visual of the city with all the urban elements on a GIS database.
- Interchange all the elements of the different sections with a LOD 300 minimum level.
- Allow an open window to the citizens to share public information, speed up processes and close incidences.
- Indicate critic points at each service, executed works and future works.
- Foresee investments and energy consumptions in maintenance matter, etc.
With this contract, IDP confirms its leading position for the development of projects using BIM technology, by directing the first CIM project on an integral level for an entire city in the south of Europe, in this case in Sant Cugat del Vallés (Barcelona), a city with 87.118 inhabitants that is always at the technological and environmental to offer the best life conditions to its inhabitants.