During the last 3 years IDP has worked together with 13 other partners in the Intermodel R+D+i Project, within the framework of the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 GA 824306 programme.
The objective of the project is to develop a decision support platform to evaluate the performance of nodal, multimodal, multiproduct and multipurpose infrastructures, using BIM technology linked to logistic simulations and subsequent visualization in a 3D platform developed with Gaming technology.
Through the development of the project, the optimization of the productive operations of the terminals and their logistic connections is achieved, anticipating their behavior from the operational point of view before possible extensions or changes in the current implantation and in the design of new terminals.
The project will be presented to the European Commission at the beginning of October, definitively consolidating the work carried out throughout the process and the results obtained.
The consortium, led by IDP, has the participation of 14 partners from different European countries:
- Ferrocarrils de la Generalitat de Catalunya, Consorci Centre d’Innovacio del Transport, Vias y Construcciones, Basf Construction Chemicals España S.L. and IDP Ingeniería y Arquitectura Iberia, S.L.U from Spain.
- DHL Freight Germany Holding Gmbh from Germany
- Teknologian Tutkimuskeskus VTT Oy from Finland
- Macomi and Viasys VDC from Netherlands
- Bedeschi S.P.A., Contship Italia S.P.A. and Autorita di Sistema Portuale del Mar Ligure Orientale from Italy
- Zarzad Nadbaltyckich Inicjatyw Klastrowych from Poland
- Kiruna Wagon Ab from Sweden
The result of the project has been very satisfactory, as a new working methodology has been created and several products, called KERs, have been obtained that can be exploited in the future, among which are included:
- “INTERMODEL DSS”- An integrative platform used as a decision support tool.
- “INTERMODEL ASSESSMENT TOOL” – A consulting service offering several studies for an existing terminal in order to obtain its optimal level.
- “INTERMODEL PLUG-BIM” – An Import/Export tool between BIM and GIS in the form of Plug In for REVIT, which allows the user to generate Layouts in different scenarios. One of the main functions of this tool is the possibility of importing the generated data into different Simulation Software in GIS format, optimizing the necessary production costs.
- “INTERMODEL TRAIN” – Training Service oriented to “Plug BIM” and “INTERMODEL DSS” tools in order to accelerate learning and thus maximize the value of the product.
If you are interested in learning more about the KER’S of the project, we encourage you to participate in the survey attached in the link below:
The following video explains the fundamental concept of the project and how the decision support tool works: