IDP is participating in the BIM2TWIN project: Optimal Construction Management & Production Control which has been awarded a budget of 6 million euros by the EU, within the framework of the call “Industrial Sustainability H2020-NMBP-ST-IND-2018-2020” of the H2020 Programme.
The project aims to build a Digital Building Twin (DBT) platform for construction management that implements LEAN principles to optimize the process, shortening deadlines, reducing costs, improving quality and security, and reducing the carbon footprint.
BIM2TWIN proposes a comprehensive and holistic approach, consisting of a platform (DBT) that provides situational awareness and an extensible set of building management applications, supporting a closed-loop Plan-Do-Check-Act construction.
The project involves a consortium of 17 top-level European companies and institutions from 7 countries:
- France: Centre Scientifique et Technique du Batiment, Institut National de Recherche en Informatique et Automatique, Orange and Spada Construction.
- Israel: Technision – Israetl Institute of Technology and Intsite Ltd.
- United Kingdom: The Chancellot Masters and Scholars of the University of Cambridge.
- GErmany: Siemens, Technische Universitaet Muenchen, Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum and Aarhus Universitaet.
- Italy: Universita Politecnica delle Marche and Unismart Padova Enterprise SRL.
- Finland: Fira Group Oy.
- Spain: Tecnalia, Acciona Construcción and IDP.